Please read the instructions very carefully and strictly follow the instructions as is or you would end up bricking your phone.
Disclaimer: Installing CWM & Rooting is risky and you would be doing it at your own risk. Noone, including me would or can be held responsible for any screw-up that you end up with.
Thanks to the XDA Developers for the attachments and all the knowledge.
Download the attachment and extract all the contents in a separate folder on your PC. Copy the two files to your Internal SD of your device.
Instructions [Please follow them as is other you would brick your phone]:
You are now rooted, ENJOY
- Ensure that your device's battery is atleast 50% charged
- You should have CWM installed on your device, if not then go here first..."CWM Recovery for Micromax Canvas HD 2 A116"
- Switch off the device
- Press the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key simultaneously till you see the logo
- Once you can see the options screen, press the Volume Up key, you must enter the CWM Recovery Mode
- Select "install zip from sdcard". It will take you to a new screen, select "choose zip from sdcard", in the next screen select 1st file you downloaded, i.e., "Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed" and in the next screen select "Yes - Install". This will take sometime, so relax
- Repeat the same process for the second file, i.e., "su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed"
- Select "reboot system now" which should be the 1st option
- Your device should reboot as normal but must be rooted.
- To check if you are rooted, you would see "Superuser" application in the app drawer.